Why not soil?
The downside of growing plants in soil is that, like in nature, your plants would take longer to grow.
If there are any defects in your plants, it’ll take longer for those defects to show, and so ultimately, your plants would also take longer to recover. That’s both a waste of time and money.
During the first few weeks of growth, you’ll also have to tend to your soil-grown plants with some serious TLC. If you don’t have the time or patience for this, soil is probably not your best option.
Bugs are also a serious threat to soil-grown plants. No one likes bugs, and no one likes infestations. Avoiding soil altogether is a pretty good option if you don’t feel like dealing with an infestation – and this is where hydroponics comes into play.
On top of the obvious benefit – discreet, customized growing – growing hydroponic plants means you have complete control over what sort of nutrients your plants get. You can minimize potential problems by doing this.
Harvesting also comes sooner with hydroponics as hydroponics gives your plants the ability to reduce up to two weeks of grow time. This is because you’re giving nutrients directly to the plants and because your plants don’t have to use any energy on finding said nutrients. They can concentrate on growing big and tall instead. In fact, grown under the same conditions, a hydroponic plant can grow up to 30-50% faster than a soil plant.
Because your plants grow faster, you can also identify issues earlier on, meaning that these issues can be tended to or repair themselves faster as well. Needless to say, this also implies that you have to supply nutrients to your plant manually. Nutrients that you can purchase are just as good as what soil supplies for your plants.
The advantages of hydroponics farming
- Hydroponics uses less nutrient material to feed their plants; these exist within a self contained environment that can easily control the waste products.This is much better, as prevents excessive use of fertilizers unlike in the traditional farming where more fertilizers are used, and end up flowing into the rivers and spoiling the water to be used by the humans and the animals.Below find the best hydroponics nutrients
- Hydroponics calls for less amount of water and nourishment; in the hydroponics system less water is used since the required water is supplied in fixed proportions and a controlled environment, furthermore, water is recycled in this system.This is very advantageous compared to irrigation where much water is wasted without recycling or in the traditional farming methods.This also reduces the farmers water cost hence lowering the production costs.
- No soil is needed in this system; gardening is done without any soil and it only uses 10 percent of the water used on the ordinary planting. Furthermore, the plants grown on this method have a higher growth rate compared to the normal planting.The faster growth is contributed by a highly controlled environment with the availability of more oxygen, water and nourishing substances for the plants.
- Large amounts of foods can be grown in small plots of land; this system requires only a small plot of land since the hydroponics produce faster growth of plants. The areas produce more foods per acre plot of land than the normal farming.
- Hydroponics can be produced at any season since they grow into their own controlled environment which is controlled and protected from predators like plant eating animals.
- Less amount of time and work is required in hydroponics gardening; the amount of work needed is very little due to the absence of the weeds that would require time to pluck them out.This method is time saving since no weeds are present only some few minutes are needed to check the nutrient levels and the harvesting processes.
- Hydroponic is easy to develop in strategic places; this means that the hydroponic crops can be grown close to the market area; therefore, reducing the cost that could have been used in transportation and these automatically reduces the production cost, hence increasing the gardener profits.
- Hydroponics provides the exact needs to the plants appropriately; this means that plants will grow fast depending on their genetics and compared to a plant grown to the normal soil, hydroponic plants grow faster and they appear to be much healthier.
- Hydroponic plants will grow larger; this is because you have full control over the plants environment to the optimal. However, plants access all the nutrients that they require and in the right proportions.Hydroponic plants are also said to grow 50% faster, this is because plants do not need to expand their roots to look for nutrients; they are already there in abundance and home hydroponics are said to grow extremely fast.
- Hydroponic plants can be grown everywhere; it is said to convert any terrain into fertile farming land.With the normal farming or the soil farming, there are multiple problems such as pest, climate and soil diseases.With hydroponics, you have full control over your garden together with more optimal results.The earlier products of hydroponics did not have a perfect taste, but thanks to the nutritional departments that the taste of the vegetables has become much more appetizing.
- Gardeners can use a variety of different growth mediums in which to place the plants; many gardeners use Rockwool, gravel, sand, or even coco coir instead of soil.Unlike the soil that supplies nutrients to the plants roots, these growth mediums only provide room and support for the roots to grow.